Step stands for solving the e-waste problem
Step is an international initiative comprised of manufacturers, recyclers, academics, governments and other organizations committed to solving the world’s e-waste problem. By providing a forum for discussion among stakeholders, Step is actively sharing information, seeking answers and implementing solutions.
The shared expertise and common vision of Step’s membership focuses on the following key areas:
- Reducing the materials used in manufacturing
- Reusing equipment or components where practical
- Refurbishing where possible
- Recovering materials from obsolete equipment
- Recycling the highest possible level of materials
The Step Initiative
The Step Initiative is based in Bonn, Germany and is hosted by the United Nations University – Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS SCYCLE).
Step facilitates research, analysis and dialogue among more than 65 members drawn from business, international organizations, governments, NGO’s and academic institutions around the world.