The StEP Initiative is hiring!
We are looking for a Technical Coordinator
StEP is an independent, multi-stakeholder platform for developing strategies and locally adapted and integrated solutions addressing opportunities and threats of e-waste management in an increasingly digitized world. StEP works in constructive partnerships with all major players from around the world and along the entire life cycle of electrical and electronic equipment to bridge gaps between the global North and the global South.
Position: Technical Coordinator (m/f/d) – part time (20 h / week)
The Junior Technical Coordinator will provide technical support and assistance to the StEP Initiative's program and working groups. The Technical Coordinator will assist in the implementation of StEP’s current annual work plan, support the Initiative’s working groups to achieve their goals and coordinate the daily activities of the association. The successful candidate will have a technical background and be be highly motivated as well as able to work independently.
- Support the preparation and coordination of the annual workplan, including providing progress reports on the implementation of the workplan.
- Communicate with StEP Working Groups and Regional Focal Points to coordinate technical activities and provide administrative support.
- Support the completion of technical deliverables (reports, green and white papers, thought papers, manuals, etc.) related to electronic waste management topics.
- Facilitate the communication among all StEP members and ensure knowledge sharing and information exchange within the Initiative as well as with the public at large.
- Support the organization of webinars, workshops, and other technical events.
- Connect and maintain communication and cooperation with other initiatives working in the same field.
- Support and manage StEP website and social media accounts.
- Complete daily administrative activities (basic bookkeeping, answering email inquiries, etc.).
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in environmental management, or a relevant field.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problems.
- Good organization and project management skills.
- Passion for international affairs and for working with international partners.
- Awareness of protocols of communication.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (knowledge of other technical software tools is an advantage).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, further languages are of advantage.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of electronic waste management, related environmental and sustainability issues is preferred.
What StEP can offer:
- An annual gross salary of 42.000 Euro (full time basis)
- A versatile job with a high degree of autonomy that allows for personal and professional growth.
- Be part of an international network of experts and thought leaders.
- Flexible working hours at the location of your choice.
Are you interested to support the StEP Initiative to move to the next level and join a dynamic and professional international network? Please send your application (CV, motivation letter) by 20 of May 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org